Saturday, January 21, 2012

Baked Chicken Strips


This is a recipe we found in a young children's cookbook and have since adapted it to our liking. Easy. Fun for kids to help out with. Also a lot healthier than fried chicken strips.


What You'll Need:
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Milk
White Cheddar Cheez-Its (crushed)
Corn Flake Crumbs (either crush them yourself or we buy them in a box)
Seasoned Salt or Salt (for flavor


Step One:

Slice chicken. I always say about one inch thick and two inches long, but that's up to you. I only do that to speed up cooking time.


Step Two:

Make your coating. Two parts Cheez-Its to one part Corn Flakes. I will also add some seasoned salt or salt or any other seasonings you want. Feel free to make it your own. I don't give a true measurement because it is up to you how much or how little you want. Some nights I make just enough for myself and some nights I'll make it for a group of people. Also, pour a small bowl of milk. This will get you ready for the next step.


Step Three:

Coat your chicken. First, dip the chicken in the milk, then into the bowl of crumbs. After all of your chicken is coated, I suggest putting the chicken in the freezer for a little bit, if you aren't pressed for time. I've only tried that once, but it seemed to help the coating stick to the chicken better.


Step Four:

Bake the chicken. Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until there is no pink left in the chicken. The coating really won't change color, so don't rely on that. You'll probably have to cut one of the the strips open to check if the chicken is done.


Step Five:
Eat!

Hope you enjoy this recipe. I've found it's a good way to keep kids busy and let them feel like they're really helping out. It does get a little messy though, so plan for that if you let your kids in on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment